17 September 2007

I heart the T...NOT!

Matt and I have been having such problems with our commutes - I was doing drop-off at daycare in the morning, and rarely, if ever, getting to work on time. He was doing pick-up in the evening, and had to leave 15 minutes early to get to daycare by 5:30. And he rarely was able to leave at five, let alone before! So I put in a request for a schedule change, which was finally approved last week. Now I'm working 8:30-4:30, Matt's doing drop-off in the morning (which he likes, cuz it's easy for him to drop off and then get to work by 9), and I'm doing pick-up in the afternoon (which I like, cuz I can be early for pick-up and we might even have time to go to the park before going home).

Today was the first day of the new schedule. I was so excited to get to work on time! Then my phone rang at 9:30. Matt was still not at work, which was very unusual. That was only the beginning, though.

I thought I was in for smooth sailing when my bus trip to daycare took only 25 minutes. I picked Monkey up (and he was even happy to see me! Full of smiles!) and we arrived at the bus stop to go home at 5:35. I won't bore you with the details of the calculations I made as we waited (and waited) for the first bus (should I take this one? But what if the one we want comes next?), and then waited (and waited...and waited!) for the second bus. What I will tell you, though, is that a trip that can be as short as 20 minutes took us nearly an hour and a half.

Monkey was a trooper, but I could tell he was tired. Sure enough, when we finally arrived home, at 7 PM, here's what he looked like after nursing:


Argh! We had to wake him up to feed him dinner. It was eight o'clock by the time he finally got to bed. Tomorrow we're going to try something a little different.

Don't expect a new post every day. Today I just happened to have a story to tell, and a cute photo to go with it.
:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the things kids have to do for their parents!