07 February 2008

Ahoy, matey!

I'm sorry I don't have a photo to accompany this little monkey tidbit.

Monkey received a Halloween book from his Nana this year, and he's recently decided that it's time to read about Halloween. The book is one of those baby books that just has pictures of different things along with the names, and no actual story. To make it more interesting, we tell him what the things in the pictures do, or say, or point out what color they are.

One of the photos is of a kid dressed as a pirate. When we get to that page, I always say, "Here's a pirate! What does a pirate say? Arrrrgh!" Well, now Monkey's gotten to that age where he's learning to repeat everything we say. So I can add one more to the list*:

What does a cow say, Monkey? Moo!
What does a duck say, Monkey? Quack!
What does a doggie say, Monkey? Woof woof!

What does a pirate say, Monkey? Arrrrgh!

*Note: this list is not comprehensive. Monkey knows what lots of things say!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! We'll read it as many times as you want. I can't wait to see you in March! Love and xxoo, Nana