07 January 2009

Sometimes Mommy needs to say what she means

Monkey has this shaker toy, kind of like a maraca, but shaped like a cylinder, that he recently rediscovered. This morning, he was banging it against a wall, and I told him, "We don't bang things against walls. If you want to bang something, you can go get your drum and bang on that."



I turned around to do something else, and a moment later, I saw him walk past me, carrying his drum. He continued down the hall to the same spot where he was banging the shaker on the wall. I caught him just in the nick of time.

"No, no, honey, I meant that you should bang on your drum! With your drumsticks! Not bang your drum against the wall!"



Photos courtesy of Nana's camera, which she graciously lent to us until little girl is born.

0 comments: