13 April 2010

Socks and shoes and uh-oh!


Overheard one morning:

Jonah: What I really want to do is go up on the roof.

Matt (who was, at the time, naked): Well, we need to put some clothes on if we're going to do that.

Jonah: All we need is socks and shoes!

Ava's first word was uh-oh. (Is that a word?) She has now progressed to hi, cheese, and blackberry. Or maybAdd Imagee it's blueberry. We're not totally sure. She can also tell you what a duck says.

Jonah has taken to calling himself John. He claims he is John from They Might Be Giants, but he won't tell me which one. When I ask who the other John is, he says, "John is singing, and I'm the other John."

I'm knee-deep in my first class. I'm doing well (2 As so far!), but it's definitely been an adjustment. I love being in school, but I hate the papers/ presentations/ other assignments--which, I have discovered, in business schools are called "deliverables." I used to say I wanted to be a professional student, but I think that really, I'd prefer to get paid to audit classes, so I can avoid the "deliverables." Anyone know of a career like that?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This post absolutely cracked me up. I think it's the funniest thing that Jonah won't tell you which John he is. Hahahaah!

JenLF said...

I have to say, sometimes I'm not sure he understands that there are two different guys named John, but when he talks about one John singing and the other John, who is him, it's pretty clear he does. :)

Kimberly @ Red Shutters said...

I will never be able to look at TMBG again without wondering which one Jonah thinks he is......

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.